Christmas is right around the corner. There are 17 shopping days left. Are you done with your Christmas Shopping?
I think I am. It will be the first time in years that I am done before the last minute shoppers hit the stores. It is a lovely feeling too. I did sacrifice my NaNo Wri for Xmas Shopping.
My plot was hitting a bump. I wasn’t sure it was going to work out right or that there would be enough action or conflict. All the shopping down time helped me work things out with my plot, and it seems the story is back on track. The first draft is 35% complete. That’s almost halfway there. If I have another strong weekend, plus the vacation I will be taking Christmas week maybe I will finish this story by the end of the year.
I do average 90 days when it comes to first drafts on manuscripts. Maybe, if I’m lucky, my ADD will stay at bay, and I will be able to keep working on this story past the 50k minimum mark. It would be neat to have a work that is a bit longer than normal.
It surely will be an adult only read. All I can say is Kings + Pirates + Maidens = Oh la la.
I’ve been listening to Celtic Music while working on this piece. It seems to help me get into the set time. This may not be our world, or it maybe. I’m thinking an Arthurian Period of someplace that is not here. Maybe add some magic, music and dance to the story to spice it up more. In time, we will see.
You’ll just have to stay tuned to learn more.
I did not write at all during the week. I was glued to the Walmart site hitting all their Cyber deals.
Today I did 3k words. Yup that equals my average of 400 words a day that NaNo said I averaged. This is still within my target range. Now, if only I did the 400 words every day during the week, I would be done ahead of schedule with the addition of the 3k on the weekend. That is probably asking too much. Who knows what will happen as I get deeper and deeper into the story.
I am thankful more often than not. I just don’t usually post what I’m thankful for, and I probably should. So this year for Thanksgiving I will post my 27 Thankfuls.
- I am Thankful I have a job. So what if I am a writer. I have a full time day job that I do enjoy. It is a good feeling to like your line of work.
- I am Thankful for being part of a loving family. Some families are full of so many crazy negatives that it takes away from being able to enjoy the time spent with them. If you find you are in this way during the holiday season, remember everyone is at a different place, everyone has a life story and a plan. You just need to wait and let it all come together.
- I am Thankful for those who are present in my life. You have been given to me for a reason. I don’t need to know the reason at this time, just enjoy the moments and have the aha moment later.
- I am Thankful for those who had been in my life. They taught me many a lesson and left me with many memories. Both Good memories and bad memories serve a purpose. Learning from your experiences make you a much stronger individual.
- I am Thankful for the food on our table. Lord knows some people are probably going with out and others will have more than their share. I know I have what I need.
- I am Thankful to be a descendant of the Mayflower. It brings even more meaning to my holiday knowing this.
- I am Thankful for being a New Englander. Our season weather is never boring. If you don’t like the weather just wait a minute it will change.
- I am Thankful our dog is feeling better. Julie is the best dog ever and we will greatly miss her when she is gone.
- I am Thankful I wrote those stories. I feel they are all tales that needed to be told.
- I am Thankful I am a writer. I have found a constant outlet for my own entertainment.
- I am Thankful for my fans. They are the ones who have read and liked my stories.
- I am Thankful that NaNo is almost over. I never did expect myself to finish that WIP on time, but it did give me motivation to get a good head start.
- I am Thankful for online ordering. I don’t have to face the crowded stores if I don’t want to. I shopped last year on Black Friday. That was an experience.
- I am Thankful it is warm out. We are saving on heating fuel.
- I am Thankful that the next writers meeting is only two weeks away. I can’t wait to see my friends at the NHRWA chapter once again. They are such a great group of gals.
- I am Thankful for starting the next work in progress. It feels good to be writing again. Now if only I could keep my butt in the chair, it would hurry up and get done.
- I am Thankful for almost having my granddaughter’s sweater done. I have one sleeve and the hood left to do. It needs to be mailed to her by December 20th if she is to have it in time for Christmas.
- I am Thankful for the Hens who lay our eggs. If only they would lay more often so we would have plenty of eggs for all the goodies I plan on baking in the coming month.
- I am Thankful for the love of my life. He has brought me nothing but happiness for the past fourteen years.
- I am Thankful my son is back in recovery. May he find strength to continue on this journey he is taking. I know the path is long and winding and some do die along the way.
- I am Thankful for knowing the mothers/friends in my life. One lost a daughter and a son at very early ages, randomly. The other, lost her son before his time too, accidently. Their strength they have exhibited has shown me that if this were ever to happen to me for what ever the reason, life can and does go on. They are my heroines.
- I am Thankful I have a granddaughter. She is sweet. Someday in the future we will have a week together.
- I am Thankful for the service workers. They are the ones who help keep us safe.
- I am Thankful for planting apple trees this year. Hopefully we will have a great crop come next fall.
- I am Thankful for the garden we had this summer. Our freezer is full of peaches and green beans.
- I am Thankful for the price of gas dropping. It has made it a little bit easier to afford those Christmas gifts.
- I am Thankful I don’t have to travel for the holiday. The weather is not the best, but it is fine if you are remaining home. Oh and the traffic at this time of the year is amazing.
- I am Thankful… are you? (kathleenjshields.wordpress.com)
- What I’m Really Thankful For (nightsofpassion.wordpress.com)
- I am Thankful. I am Thankful. I am Thankful. I am Thankful. I am Thankful. (laurenfalber.wordpress.com)