Everyone struggles with finding enough time to do the things that need to be done. I know I have had my share of scraping blocks out of my daily life to work full time, be a full-time student, interact with family members, add quality time for my pup, and find me time.
Time management is all about discipline and setting priorities. Some ask me, how do you do it?
My priorities are set by what is most important for me to do on the list.
- Work. I must go to work every day to earn that paycheck so I can afford to eat. This means that I have blocked out a minimum of 9 hours out of each day to accommodate this priority.
- School work is the next item. I schedule a minimum of 4 hours a day dedicated to reading assignments and homework. This is where the discipline comes into play. If I slack, the grades may slack.
- Family time is spent while having dinner at the dinner table. I try to use this opportunity as a quality time to catch up with my loved ones.
- Keelaa demands her time too. She will come in little bursts of tail wagging glee to see me and look for that treat or scratch on the back.
- Exercise takes place mostly at work while dashing about to keep the machines running. Calling my work exercise also makes it more enjoyable and productive.
- Reading personal choice books are only allotted a short time frame of maybe an hour or two each night.
- Free time for writing is next on the priority list. I have accepted that I might not get another book out in the next few years, but there will come that day when school will be done, and writing will reclaim that time slot that is allocated for school work.
- Last on the list is free time in general. I could place my video gaming in this slot, or any other of my many hobbies like crocheting or knitting.
- I do have a cutoff point where time runs out. When the batteries drain sleep is a must to stay healthy, happy and wise.
How do you manage your time?