As part of a writing exercise I’m listing 10 Things I Like, just so that you can have a chance to get to know me a little more. When I write or read, these are the things that settle in the back of my mind. The scent of cut grass will bring me instantly back to my childhood and remind me of my deceased father mowing the lawn. The thought of Lobsters and Chicken Barbeque makes me reflect on my younger days of growing up in Pepperell and attending the annual Fireman’s Muster.
I love dogs and wolves. I can’t stand not having a dog in my home. They are more than just four legs and fur that barks a lot. They mean security, friendship, and family. Birds of Prey like owls have an inner wisdom one can’t begin to fathom.
Finally, you can see, I’m a BIG – Walking Dead Fan. I love Game of Thrones just as much, except I’m not watching the HBO series, instead, I’m reading the books.
- Watching the Walking Dead and Fear the Walking Dead, I love how the writers have built the characters through relationships and survival
- Game of Thrones is another great example of Character Building. Also a great example of World building.
- Fantasy and Historical Fiction – To me they both belong in the same category. When I think back in history, even though I know it was just a fairy tale, my thoughts wander to Cinderella and Red Riding Hood.
- Fresh cut grass or the smell of hay – neither gives me allergies, I would be miserable if it did.
- Dogs and wolves are companion pack animals. Packs are equal to family, which is why dogs are considered man’s and woman’s best friends.
- Owls and other birds of prey are symbolic – wise and powerful
- Thunderstorms and Rainbows – power and forgiveness
- Lobster Bakes with steamers and barbeque chicken is the ultimate cookout venue fare.
- Gazing at cloud covered mountains from a distance and wondering how long it would take to climb to the top and how far could one see in the distance.
- Walking on the beach at the Ocean is peaceful and pleasant for meditating.